On Sunday night, the Ciroc Amaretto Launch Party/VMA afterparty was held at the Ph-D at Dream Downtown in New York City. Yesterday, Twitter buzzed with rumors that Diddy and J. Cole were both involved in an incident at the Ph-D afterparty. Today, we hear more about what possibly sparked their post-VMA “fight.”
Multiple sources fam
iliar with the situation told Complex it went down like this:
- Diddy was visibly intoxicated.
- He tried to confront Kendrick over the “King of New York” claim in his “Control” freestyle.
- Diddy allegedly attempted to pour a drink on Kendrick, and J. Cole intervened.
- The two started arguing and Cole allegedly put his hands on Diddy, which then led to problems between their respective crews.
- After a brief scuffle, both crews separated.